...with love all things are possible


Believe ...

Believe ...

Thursday 20 February 2014

Your WRITE to Find Yourself



The more I write the more I find out about myself.  I never leave the page disappointed.  Well, I lie.  If nothing comes onto the page, then I leave disappointed. 

It’s not always easy.  It’s a question of pushing through the stubbornness and ploughing through the same random silly excuses.

Then all of a sudden I’m there.  I’m in that place where I begin to discover the real me that’s hidden, waiting, afraid almost, under all those layers of rules, conventions, society classes … layers of a world of cement that so often gave me a bum steer.

Never mind!  Today is a brilliant day and it’s time to share this gift.  I’ve been told over and over by those who have gone before me, that in order to keep it you have to give it away.  Share it. It's like love, the more you give the more you have to give.

This is not my invention and I don't attempt to take credit for it  – people have been doing it for centuries    but I’ve added my own twist.  A twist that comes from the experiences of my life, the places I’ve visited, the people I’ve met, the relationships I’ve had and those I’ve missed.  It comes from the words of other writers whom I have followed, observed and read. And it comes most especially from things I've failed at, my mistakes, blunders, and poor choices.

A beautiful student of mine of many, many years ago, Clarita Berenbau, died recently.  She was only 30 years old and had given birth to twin boys but never lived to see their first birthday.  Cancer didn't stop her; she made sure her life didn’t pass in vain.  She spoke out about living a full life with "it" and touched so very, very many people.



She will never know this, but her life and testimony have ignited a new level of passion in me.  Let this death not be in vain.  Let the lesson not pass unlearned.  This is but a beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unless otherwise noted, all articles are written by Cath Rathbone. (Copyright Catherine (Cath) Rathbone and Noony Brown)