...with love all things are possible


Believe ...

Believe ...

Tuesday 13 September 2011

The fresher the feta...


Writing in Corfu



The feta
The better”
She said
As we
Raced down
The hill
In Corfu.

“But feta
That’s fresh
Is so hard
To get,
Yet it’s
Easier to
Find
In Corfu”

“Why’s that?”
I asked her,
As we
Rounded a
Hairpin,
“What happens
When feta
Is fresh?”

“Well, the
Fresher
The feta
The lesser
It smells
And the smoother
Its taste is
To you.”

“I never
Liked feta,”
I said
As I winced,
When a
Lorry took
Most of
The road.

“Yet the
Feta at
Niko’s was
Yummy today
Like none
That I’ve
Tasted
Before!”

“That’s it!
It was
Fresher,”
She said
Zipping past
A slow
Donkey
And cart
In the road;

“And fresher
Is better
When talking
Of feta,”
 “Kalimera!”
She called
To a friend.

“No wonder
I liked it”
I stamped on
My ‘brakes,’
As she
Narrowly
Missed
A collision;

“But it’s
Easier to
Find in
Corfu than
Elsewhere.”
If mad
Driving
Your stomach
Withstands!

In a cloud
Of brown dust
And a sigh
Of the brakes
We finally
Pulled up
At home,

“So take it
From Katia,
Just live
In Corfu,
Where your
Feta is
Fresher
And better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unless otherwise noted, all articles are written by Cath Rathbone. (Copyright Catherine (Cath) Rathbone and Noony Brown)