...with love all things are possible


Believe ...

Believe ...

Wednesday 28 December 2011

Choices made




Choices made

Sitting here in the semi darkness
I wonder if I’ve made the right choice. 
There are times in life when things
Should somehow remain
The same.

Is it because I always want so much more?
Is it because I always want instant gratification? 
The final question demands brutally
What is it that you
Want?

I press my cheek to the cool metal 
Then feel myself slip into a senseless void
An empty place which only contains
Me

I can’t feel if my belly is touching it or not
Numb remnants of a recent surgery
That left another place
Empty

And silence can only crush against my ears
When I chose to pay attention
But I’m busy focusing on
Nothing


No comments:

Post a Comment

Unless otherwise noted, all articles are written by Cath Rathbone. (Copyright Catherine (Cath) Rathbone and Noony Brown)