...with love all things are possible


Believe ...

Believe ...

Wednesday 29 February 2012

Carrots



Illustrations by Daphne Rathbone (2011)




Carrots, carrots
Everywhere!
I don’t like carrots
Doesn’t anyone care?

Mommy says
“Eat them”
Daddy does too
I don’t like carrots
What am I to do?

I look at my plate
They’re on it again
They’re weird and orange
And chopped
Into squares

I don’t like carrots
I shut my mouth
I cross my arms
And I start
To pout.


Illustrations by Daphne Rathbone (2011)


Mommy is laughing
Daddy is too
Now I’m angry
And shouting; well
Wouldn’t you?

Just as I yell again
Dad pops one in
And I’m eating
A carrot, Uh Oh,
I’m starting to grin!

I chewing, I’m chomping
I’m asking for more,
I really like carrots now
Who'd've thought it before?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Unless otherwise noted, all articles are written by Cath Rathbone. (Copyright Catherine (Cath) Rathbone and Noony Brown)