...with love all things are possible


Believe ...

Believe ...

Saturday 6 August 2011

Tea Time?

Do you find you get to the end of a day and feel like you’ve not really done anything worthwhile? I get that so often it makes me wonder if it’s because I rush so much.

While I have every intention of slowing down, of taking the time to observe things more, to enjoy them as they happen or at least once or twice take stock of what I’ve done, I never do!

It was brought to my attention today by a very kind and truthful friend, when she walked into her living room which I was painting.

“Don’t you think you should stop for a cup of tea? You’ve been fiddling in here for hours,” she said.

It was barely 10.30 in the morning, I wasn’t ready to stop for tea and I felt at once hurt by her comment that I’d just been ‘fiddling.’

“Hang on a minute,” I protested, “I’ve sanded this, and this, and that; I’ve touched up over here and over there; it all adds up you know and …”

“Stop,” she said smiling, “I know you’ve been working hard, just because I said fiddling doesn’t mean you haven’t been productive. On the contrary, I just want you to sit down. Have tea. Talk. Let’s enjoy what you’ve achieved so far.”

Gulp.

I sat, we talked and I had too many cookies. But we shared a moment I know I will treasure forever.

So I’m sitting in bed now, it’s almost midnight, I’m going through the rest of my day, which, in fact, was one great big fiddle. But as all the little bits are coming together, I see I’ve accomplished rather a lot even if I didn’t finish everything I expected to.

I guess I’m not Wonder Woman, am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unless otherwise noted, all articles are written by Cath Rathbone. (Copyright Catherine (Cath) Rathbone and Noony Brown)